Founded in 1978, Preservation New Jersey advocates for and promotes historic preservation as a sustainable strategy to protect and enhance the vitality and heritage of New Jersey’s richly diverse communities. PNJ is the only statewide private membership-supported historic preservation organization in New Jersey.
Preservation New Jersey...
- publishes the annual 10 Most Endangered Historic Places in NJ list, which draws attention to remarkable sites and to their many challenges. We believe that listing them will be a catalyst for change and that positive solutions can be found for their preservation;
- is a qualified organization for accepting historic preservation easements, which insures the perpetual protection of a property’s historic character and value, even if the property is transferred to subsequent owners. The program complies with all IRS regulations;
- publishes a quarterly newsletter and online magazine, Preservation Perspective, instructional and informative Toolkits and other educational materials and publications;
- maintains an informative and timely blog, Facebook and Flickr pages and Twitter;
- advocates for sound public policy at the local, state and federal levels on behalf of the historic preservation community in New Jersey;
- conducts tours, workshops, lectures and conferences to educate the public about historic sites and preservation and sustainability issues;
- provides a network of and informative training opportunities for professionals through the Building Industry Network and;
- serves as a clearinghouse for technical assistance and information to homeowners, municipalities, historic preservation commissions, nonprofit agencies and other individuals and groups.
Preservation New Jersey prohibits discrimination in all its programs, employment and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information should contact PNJ at 609-392-6409.