Burlington City, Burlington County
Diane Burns, Secretary, Burlington Historic Preservation Commission
City Hall 525 High Street,
Burlington City, NJ 08016
609-386-0200 ext. 112
Year Listed : 1998
A principal example of a 19th century wealthy industrialist building their home adjacent to their factory, Andrew McNeal chose a site along the Delaware River in Burlington City to build his complex. Adjoining the property of his US Pipe Factory, Mr. McNeal constructed a house, which reach three stories at its highest point, along with two outbuildings, with hipped or gable roofs. Eventually, the mansion became administrative headquarters for the pipe company, and was renovated on several occasions, including the addition of three wings.
c. 1894 by Andrew McNeal, founder of US Pipe Co; Colonial Rev. style; also served as company headquarter, 1900. 1975 sold to city of Burlington, auctioned off shortly there after.
Mansion purchasedin 1998 by developer for restaurant/conference center conversion. Project halted in 2000.
6/2001 - partners are in litigation. Mayor Costello has asked for our help in moving the project forward. His son is involved.
7/2001- Burned badly -- significant damage to roof. Nearest firehouse also set on fire 2 am in the morning, investigating cause. Trenton Times article 7/26.
copyright 2009-2011 Preservation New Jersey