Preservation New Jersey is now accepting nominations to serve on the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Trustees are responsible for governance, for establishing the organization’s goals and strategic objectives, consistent with the mission of Preservation New Jersey, for providing leadership, guidance and vision to membership and the PNJ staff, and promoting the Organization to the community & general public.
- Trustees assist the Executive Director in executing the mission of the organization as needed. This generally consists of constituent technical assistance follow-up, ad hoc strategy and planning calls, and responding to emails with requests for information.
- Trustees are expected to serve on one standing or ad hoc committee, most of which communicate by email, and may have a periodic call. Committees include Finance, Governance, Advocacy & Policy, Development, Public Relations, Technical Assistance & Education, 10 Most Endangered Historic Sites, and Building Industry Network.
- Trustees must be a member in good standing of the organization.
- The PNJ Board meets monthly, alternating between in-person and conference call meetings every other month. Meetings occur on a Tuesday or Thursday at 6PM, with in-person meetings at a Central Jersey venue (currently Princeton).
- Trustees serve a three year term, and may serve up to three terms total.
Elections take place at our Annual Meeting on April 28, 2018 at 9AM at the Historic Hunterdon County Courthouse in Flemington. For more information, visit: https://www.preservationnj.org/annual-meeting-2018/
Nomination Deadline: April 16, 2018 by 5PM