Join PNJ for the Annual Meeting of its members:
Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 9:00AM
Historic Hunterdon County Courthouse
75 Main Street, Flemington, NJ
(RSVP at bottom of page)
9:00AM ~ Registration & Networking (light refreshments will be served)
9:00AM ~ Board Election* during registration & networking
9:30AM ~ Annual Report
9:45AM ~ Panel Discussion: Heritage Tourism and You, Perfect Together
11:00AM ~ Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Flemington
Heritage Tourism and You, Perfect Together
Join seasoned professionals in a discussion about heritage tourism in NJ, and its impact on the State and local economy. Heritage tourism captures audiences interested in history, arts, & culture; and of course, historic preservation plays a critical role in this major tourism sector. Panelists will discuss how collaborations across interests can benefit all in their ability to promote and obtain funds for heritage tourism. They will also share stories about projects and initiatives that have been successful drivers of local and regional heritage tourism.
- Leslie Bensley, Executive Director, Morris County Tourism Bureau
- Sara Cureton, Director, NJ Historical Commission (Tentative)
- Dorothy Guzzo, Executive Director, NJ Historic Trust
- Adam Perle, President & CEO, ArtPrideNJ
- Courtenay D. Mercer, PP, AICP, Director, Preservation NJ (Moderator)
Join local historians on a walking tour of Historic Downtown Flemington Borough. The tour will begin after Preservation New Jersey’s Annual Meeting at the Historic Hunterdon County Courthouse. The tour guides will highlight the beautiful Greek Revival and Victorian architecture in homes and businesses, as well as detail the fascinating history of Flemington.
- Dennis Bertland is Principal of Dennis Bertland Associates, a historic preservation firm based in Stockton,NJ. Over the course of his professional career, Dennis has studied and written extensively about the early architecture of northwestern NJ.
- Janice Armstrong is a Heritage Educator and Associate with Dennis Bertland Associates. Janice is a lifelong resident of Hunterdon County.
*** All are invited to attend the Annual Meeting, but only members in good standing may vote in PNJ elections. A sample ballot will be emailed to members prior to the Annual Meeting. If you are unsure about your membership status, please contact Dale at dale(at)preservationnj.org or 609-583-0881.