DEADLINE: Thursday, April 12, 2018 by 4:00PM
Preservation New Jersey is pleased to solicit public nominations for the 2018 NJ Historic Preservation Awards for leadership, to be presented in conjunction with the Historic Preservation Office & NJ Historic Sites Council awards for projects on June 7, 2018 at a special afternoon reception during the NJ History and Historic Preservation Conference in Paterson.
Awards will be given to individuals, organizations, and agencies that have made a major or sustained impact within the field of history and historic preservation in New Jersey. Awards will be given to those that have demonstrated a long-term commitment to history and historic preservation in general, or to a specific resource in particular. Awards will be given based on professional, technical, and/or personal accomplishments.
New Preservation Initiatives Award – For organizations, individuals, and agencies that have created new initiatives and new opportunities for preservation , education, and/or community engagement in NJ.
Visionary Stewardship Award – For organizations, individuals, and agencies that have shown long-term and quality commitment to the use of a historic resource and/or the field of historic preservation in general.
Historic Preservation Commission Award – For local historical commissions or committees that have undertaken new initiatives, provided long-term quality work to their community or successfully overcome recent obstacles.
The Sarah P. Fiske Legacy Award – A lifetime achievement award for individuals that have made important and sustained contributions to the understanding and promotion of historic preservation and history in New Jersey.
- Public impact on the community, region, or state.
- Quality and/or creativity of effort.
- Broadened public awareness of history & historic preservation.
- Increased partnerships to support history & historic preservation.
- Quality of the submission.
Please submit nominations using online form by Thursday, April 12, 2018. Nomination information includes:
- Nominee contact information
- Short biographical description (250 words max)
- Narrative describing how the nominee meets the award selection criteria (1500 words max)
- No more than 10 photos of nominee and/or work (hi resolution JPEG required)
- Supporting documents such as samples of work, letters or support, etc (PDF preferred)