Preservation New Jersey is now accepting nominations to serve on the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Directors are responsible for governance, for establishing the organization’s goals and strategic objectives, consistent with the mission of Preservation New Jersey, for providing leadership, guidance and vision to membership and the PNJ staff, and promoting the Organization to the community & general public.
- Directors assist the Executive Director in executing the mission of the organization as needed. This generally consists of constituent technical assistance follow-up, ad hoc strategy and planning calls, and responding to emails with requests for information.
- Directors are expected to serve on one standing or ad hoc committee, most of which communicate by email, and may have a periodic call. Committees include Finance, Governance, Advocacy & Policy, Development, Public Relations, Technical Assistance & Education, 10 Most Endangered Historic Sites, and Building Industry Network.
- Directors must be a member in good standing of the organization.
- The PNJ Board meets every two months. Meetings occur online on a weeknight at 6PM, with in-person meetings 1-2x per year.
- Directors serve a three year term, and may serve up to three terms total.